Educate a Child in Uganda and fight poverty


Elisabeth, recieving scholatic materials donated by Joy for Children-Uganda

Poverty is associated with high risk environment, lack of basic subsistence requirements and shelter etc.
People living in poverty have to make life threatening choices as to how their limited resources be allocated against competing demands such as access to food, housing, transport, school fees etc.

“I live in kitoru with my parents and two brothers and seven sisters. I have been in katembo primary school since primary 1, but I have often found it difficult because my parents can not give me the things I need for like pens, pencils, school shoes. But I still really like school – I can continue studying without those things. Sometimes my friends give me a pen or a pencil. At the moment none of my brothers and sisters is at school because there isn’t enough money. Two of them completed senior 4 and two other completed primary 4 but the others never went to school money was always the problem. If I do not go to secondary, I will also get married but if I go to secondary school I would get married after completing my studies. I would also like to go to secondary school because I would like to have a good future” Elisabeth Balaba (aged 14), primary 7 pupil Kalembo primary school, Kitoru Sub-county, Kasese.

This is one of the testimonies among the many for children in Uganda who are facing problems related with poverty and can’t afford education and other needs. So Joy for children Uganda, a non-governmental and profitable organization aiming at education for all children is calling upon individuals, the government, NGOS, and donors to join with us and help Ugandan children attain education in order to eradicate poverty in Uganda.
We seek your support to rescue many of these children by giving an opportunity to education.



DONATE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Background

PLUG THE LOOPHOLES IN THE CHILDREN’S ACT

Compassion Project